In past I had this issue on one very important laptop with Windows Vista. Sometimes it happened that local network (file shares, printer,…) was available but internet wasn’t. It was happening accidentally and I was not able to replicate it. Once I found the Default gateway on the network card has changed from DHCP server one to 0.0.0.0 . The solution wasn’t to unplug network cable or to turn off network card and then back on. Temporary solution was to delete the route which was causing troubles but I don’t want to say it was a real solution. It was a quick fix. Anyway I didn’t find anything wrong or unusual on the problematic computer. I was also trying to solve it with Microsoft support but without any success.
Some time passed and then it happened again on a different machine with Windows Seven installed. So I stopped thinking it is a random issue. It was caused by one software.. mDNS responder.. It is a tiny software installed by Bonjour and the solution is to remove (or to disable) this service via the following command
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe -remove .
After reboot I never had the problem again and I’m recommending it to anybody to prevent issue with this service..
Hope it helps..
After installation of whole MS Office 2010 package you can get this strange error message.
“There is insufficient memory or disk space. Word cannot display requested font.”
What helps me is to save blank document as Word 2003 template into MS Office templates folder. You can give the file any name you wish but I simply named it ‘old‘. Then after computer restarts the error message is gone. I was not digging more about this issue and was also not trying to apply it via GPO but this can be more automatic solution as well.
Default MS Office Templates folder location is:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Templates\
Hope it helps.
Once you apply any SP to a system it could break functional things to nonfunctional when some of them you can find immediately, some of them later on. From “the later error category” also the Active Sync on Android phones is broken (I found it’s error on the Google Nexus One only but who knows on which other it will not work as well). The specific error message is “Cannot open connection to server” which doesn’t say much. The internet is working on the affected phone normally, you can log into OWA but the synchronization is having this error. I found there are two possible workarounds.
One is Phone action (Original post by Laurie Denness is here)
1. Download the 2.2 stock Email.apk from here using the Android browser. Don’t attempt to install it, let it go in to your download folder on your SD card.
2. Open a terminal on your device. I use ConnectBot. Gain root using “su”
3. Run: mount -o remount,rw /system
4. Run: mv /system/app/Email.apk /sdcard/backup_Email.apk
5. Run: cp /sdcard/download/Email.apk /system/app
6. Reboot for good measure
7. Set up your sync, and enjoy a refreshing beverage for your hard work
Server action & simple phone action
1. Delete all Active sync policies for phones on Exchange server
2. Delete account from your phone
3. Add account back to your phone
4. Once there will be hotfix available, apply it and create back all deleted policies again
Applied and working for me but before applying any change check with company internal policies if you can do it or if you need to wait for official update from phone vendor side.
When installing SP1 onto existing installation of MS Exchange 2010 server you should find more work with pre-requirements. I’m recommending to have the OS fully patched (just run Automatic Updates and update all) before applying the SP1 and also recommending to have a backup (of course you do the backup before any server action ). The upgrade as a process is automatic and if anything is missing you will be noticed by the installer. Also you should get some error messages related to AD replication when there are some changes pending to be replicated to other AD servers. Manual replication should do the job and then you can go without mentioned errors. Good luck with upgrade and go for it, I think the advantages of MS Exchange SP1 are good point to do.
This is a very short example of using “Transport Rules” in Microsoft Exchange 2007 and higher. I used it for filtering messages from unwanted TLD’s. I know this is not the solution for fighting with SPAM but as this was the only possible way of how to do it – so I did it.. It’s in Czech language but I can provide it in shorter version in English as well – so feel free to ask me if you want. I hope it will help somebody at least as an example of MS Exchange Transport Rules power.